SC - carpenter

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Thu Oct 29 12:25:10 PST 1998

Bonne writes:
> YOu know, so long as your are dreaming, pay a designer to really help
> you think this out.  Do you teach cooking, or would you if you had a
> kitchen designed for multiple workstations?  I'm thinking in terms of
> the classes Cariadoc describes, where groups come in and work on
> redacting recipes together.

Actually, my father IS a professional kitchen designer. Richard Gedney CKD,
NKBA (Certified Kitchen Designer, National Kitchen and Bath Association)
I would be making a rough plan and present a list of desires and he would do
workflow analysis and refine the design.

No, I don't teach, and I doubt I'll do genuine carcass butchery, so all that
stuff is probably going to be pretty unneeded.
A smoke house will probably be installed in the back yard, though...
As regards a cold room or pantry, I had not thought of that!  A damn fine
idea, that.
My dad draws the line for the work he will do at architectural modification
(though he will do the install carpentry and help me with the electrical
work, so it will pass inspection), therefore actually adding a room, or
knocking out walls is my own lookout.
I think, though, since your very good suggestions have me thinking, I'll do
the remodeling, THEN get dad into the action.
Hmmm... I would love to have a kitchen fireplace, with a good brick oven,
too, come to think of it...

Brandu
<happily dreaming away...>