SC - Vegetable Names

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 29 16:16:16 PST 1998

Melissa Martines wrote:

>If anyone has any documentation or educated guesses about what the following
>items are, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!!
>
>Rote of persel

Parsley root

>Rafens

radishes

>Rapes

turnips

>Caboches

cabbages

>Also, did we ever determine if raisin of courance were currents or raisins?

Raisins of Corinth are the dried mini-raisins, as opposed to black or red
currants, which are berries.

I have an adaptation of this recipe someplace, if you'd like it.

Adamantius
Crown Province of Østgardr, East Kingdom

Argent, an owl displayed guardant sable, between three pheons inverted
gules, all within a bordure sable.