SC - Serving for 8

Margo Hablutzel Margo.Hablutzel.margolh at nt.com
Thu Oct 29 16:29:39 PST 1998

	Helen asked:

	Subject: Re: SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

	> . The feasters refused to co-operate with the 'serving for 8'
thingy.

  				  What do you mean by that?????  Did they
eat more or not get enough?

                                                        Thanks,
                                                        Helen

I think this was directed to me?  In the case to which I referred, the
feasters ignored the fact that each platter, pie, etc. was destined for
eight and just passed it around their group.  Since the groups varied in
size from about five to eleven, we got complaints from one group that they
had too little, while the group next to them had leftovers.  This despite
the fact that we told them as the platters etc. were served that each was
for groups of eight, or we would point "from you to him, and not beyond
HERE."

In reality, I don't think anyone ate much more than a usual portion, given
the amount of leftovers some groups had.  But the people who were trying to
serve ten or twelve from a serving counted for eight obviously felt
shortchanged and they did not eat enough.

									---=
Morgan

PS:  Your Highness, ask Her Highness about the proposed menu - it already
includes the cheese goo thingy.  Assuming we get the bid, etc., and the menu
is approved.

	|\     THIS is the cutting edge of technology!
<mailto:Hablutzel at compuserve.com> Hablutzel at compuserve.com
	                   Morgan Cely Cain * Steppes, Ansteorra
	                      (zooming around the West Kingdom
                         in a white Mustang convertible!)

	                     May God have mercy on my enemies
	                     For they shall certainly need it.

	       For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

	                I intend to live forever -- so far, so good!