Encampment cooking - (was Re: SC - Nobility and Feasts)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 09:41:16 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/31/98 12:03:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pagedgrt at mediaone.net writes:

<< I am not talking SCA, I am qusetioning historically.  I have been in the
SCA for
 just at 10 Years and a professional cook for a living.  I know it is alway
the
 most fun and hardest work to feat or cook in any encampment. >>

Then it is household cookery you were referring to? There is a vast difference
between feasts and everyday cookery. Household cookery was most likely managed
in the way you describe just as it is now. I use an eclectic mix of both
period and modern food and techniques in an encampment situation also. For the
most part I do it because I like to do it but if anyone complained about not
having pizza or other bizaare modern food in the camp, I wouldn't heasitate to
ask them to find another cook. :-)

Ras