SC - Nobility and Feasts

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Oct 31 16:34:30 PST 1998

>I am not talking SCA, I am qusetioning historically.  I have been in the
SCA for
>just at 10 Years and a professional cook for a living.  I know it is alway the
>most fun and hardest work to feat or cook in any encampment.  I throughy belive
>that this 10yr hobby has helped me professionlly.  Makes something out of
>nothing.  But just to bum around and be a slug in simple, easy brezzy
clothes is
>cool every now and then.

Yes it is. I have just taken a year off from...doing it all. In that year of
respite I did an encampment food group for 40, advised, shopped and
coordinated on a documented lunch (aren't we all tired of the bun and cheese
and apple lunches?), made beer bread and apple butter for an auction, and
prolly went to at least 10 events. While this number may seem low to most,
where I come from it is a 300 mile trek to most events. So now that my year
is over....on to more stuff. But yes, it sure is nice to just bum around
sometimes.

Micaylah
- -who is about to start researching on her challenge of a complete recreation
of a field kitchen for next September!-