SC - Re: High Cost of Events/Feasts

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Mon Oct 12 05:51:24 PDT 1998

Caitlin NicFhionghuin wrote:

>Looking in this month's kingdom newsletter, most events that I COULD
>attend (within a reasonable driving distance considering that I have to
>cram 6 bodies plus gear into a pontiac sunbird) are running in the $15 to
>$25 dollar range.  That means that the event is going to cost me between
>$90 and $150 just for the site fee with feast (in my case it's NOT
>cheaper to go to McD's).  Then you have to take in the cost of gas to get
>there, plus food & drink for the trip (anything over 1-2 hours and the
>kids get hungry).

It is not uncommon here in Ansteorra for there to be a family limit on event
costs.  A typical event here is $7-10 for site, $6-10 for feast, and a
family limit might be  $30-50.  Do other areas not do that?  Also, following
the math that you laid out, it would seem that your Kingdom charges the same
for children as adults, that is never the case here.  What is the point of
charging full price to small children that will not eat most of the feast
anyway?  I can see where families in your area would have a hard time
attending events.

Alys D.