SC - possibly OOP - wood stove

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Tue Oct 13 00:42:54 PDT 1998

greetings, the List.

I've just moved house into one which boasts, lurking in a corner of the
kitchen, a genuine, purportedly fully functional, Aga wood stove - one of
those ones with the big insulated covers for the plates, and heavy metal
doors on the firebox and oven.  We haven't tried playing around with it yet,
but plan to this weekend, when the Shire Cook's Guild are going to move in
and try it out.  Not really period, of course, but at least it's cooking on
a fire, far more authentic  than electricity! :>

So - does anyone have any experience with these stove-monsters, or any
handy/helpful hints, suggestions or warnings? Some of our other cooks have
used them before, but I have *no* experience with these things, and wouldn't
even know what kind of fuel to feed it.

any comments/anecdotes welcome,

Melisant

Melisant de Huguenin
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Adamastor, Drachenwald (Cape Town,
South Africa)
Sable, three owls, wings elevated, argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
Jessica Tiffin * melisant at iafrica.com