SC - possibly OOP - wood stove

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 16:09:55 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/13/98 3:22:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca writes:

<< Another thing that you can take into consideration is, given the geography
 that you reside in, you may want to put a pot of water on the stove if
 you're going to use it fairly frequently (ie cooking allmeals, heating etc).

Agreed. Since we didn't have electricity or running water in my house until
1971 C>E> , we heated with a pot belly stove in which we burned coal) and
cooked on a huge wood burner stove with hot water tanks attached. We always
kept a kettle full of water on the coolest part of each srove. Failure to do
so meant a VERY sore and raspy throat in the morning along with cracked lips
and itchy skin.

Ras (<sigh>....the memories....)