SC - gingered butternut squash soup (Was: Italian Ren Feast)

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 14 08:01:02 PDT 1998

Seannach asked...
>I just found a modern recipe for gingered butternut squash soup that has
sweet potatoes in it, and am making it tonight to test out.....is there
any way this could be period?<

Prolly not. It has sweet potatoes in it. But then, I have gotten somewhat
confused as to the legitimacy of yellow potatoes in late period Italy. Some
of us are saying that they were there, and others are saying nay.

Since I was the original poster for the question of butternut squash being
period (can't find it in Culpeppers or other sources) I too would be
interested in this.

Micaylah