SC - why do they serve that way?

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 08:02:50 PDT 1998

I have been following this thread and I'm glad that Ann-Marie bbouth up the
issue of how a service looks:
> Also, you need to take into account how the serving LOOKS. If you serve the
>  food on a platter for a table of 8 as we often do, and you figure 3 oz meat
>  per person, that little pile of 24 oz in the middle of plate will make
>  diners go "geesh! that sure is skimpy!"

I agree that it looks skimpy although I must say that anytime I have eaten at
a feast, I've never walked away hungry.  But could some one please explain the
rationale behind serving one food item at a time.  Is this how they did it in
"the olden days?"
Just curious, thanks!  Phillipa Seton