SC - Re: Period Feasts

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 13:49:19 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/14/98 8:59:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
licarey at com1.med.usf.edu writes:

<< ........was wondering if it would be "acceptable" to do a sort of "tour"
through time.  >>

Acceptable? Sure. I can't see why not. This is exactly what most SCA cooks who
do 'period'  most often present at feast. I know I do. :-)

<<Has this ever been done?  >>

Yes. Many times. A themed feast would by nature dwell on a specific time but
you have all types of peoples from all time periods so I don't see this as a
no-no. Purists make think differently but I can not name a single feast that I
have been to where the specifc year is maintained (e.g. 1471). I have been to
a few that are close but close doesn't count. :-)

Ras