SC - Re: Period Feasts

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 13:55:29 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/14/98 9:45:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
licarey at com1.med.usf.edu writes:

<< looking for a way of taking the best tasting (to
 our modern palates) dishes and incorporating them all into a truly great
 tasting, while being mostly period, feast.   Is this possible?--
 Seannach >>

Yes. It's done all the time. What I am curious about is how do you determine
what is tasty 'to our modern palettes'? My palette for one is modern and I
find period food indescribably DELISCIOUS if prepared correctly. It's not the
food thats bad, it's the cook that prepares it improperly that bears the blame
for 'bad' period food.

Ras