SC - Peoples Perceptions (Was: Ending it-Ending It-OT-OOP)

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Wed Oct 14 14:41:34 PDT 1998

At 10:54 14-10-98 -0400, Micaylah wrote:
>Brenna said...
><snip>
>I like the idea that someone posted about posting the information in the
>event flyer ahead of time.  Here are some others I have come up with.  Post
>the ingredients at troll, the kitchen, and in a pamphlet that could be sold
>as a fundraiser (whole recipes for the feast--writing books is period, after
>all).  In addition, a note could be put in the event flyer to snail mail or
>e-mail the cook before you even come out (or make your reservations) to find
>out if the feast is alright for you.
>

>And here I always thought that this was standard practise throughout the
>SCA. I always have scads of ingredient lists around, both at the Gate and on
>the tables themselves.

I always left a copy of the ingredients list at the gate, along with a copy
on each table.  Here in BBM, His Immensity Baron Salaamallah stands (or at
least used to stand) in the centre of the hall before each course is served
and announces all of the ingredients in each dish.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie, Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable