SC - feastware question

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 14 15:17:34 PDT 1998

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> > I meant, when were the anglo-saxon years to guess what
> > would be late.  More to the point was it the 1100's?
> >
> >                                               Thank you,
> >                                               Helen
> >
> The Anglo-Saxon incursions into England begin about 500 CE and Anglo-Saxon
> culture is well established by about 700.  In 1066, William ends the reigns
> of the Anglo-Saxon kings.
>
> Bear

Not to be argumentative, but, my understanding is that the first Angles show
up in the Roman Province of Britannia in the 3rd or 4th century C.E., and have
largely taken over the South perhaps 250 years later. Much of Saxon culture
survives in England to this day, especially in the North Country.

Adamantius, for whom Saxons are the bad guys and the Normans don't exist.
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com