SC - Re:

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Wed Oct 14 17:19:04 PDT 1998

> The magic is part of the legend as is the longevity of Arthur's
> rememberance.  Through history, there are individuals who rise above the
> plebeian moment, becoming heros and lodestones for other people's dreams and
> desires.  Occasionally they have a Homer or a Nennius or a Parson Weems to
> make them epic and grant them a reality transcending corporeal existence.
>
> Bear

Okay, this has gone far enough.  I KNOW why people say he had a magic sword.  If
you read the ORIGINAL post, you would have seen that I was making a point about
stories taking on the point of view of the teller over time.  That is also part
of the reason there are so many versions of the same folk story.  Anyway, you
really don't have to educate me on Arthur, his sword, etc.  I was making a point
which has been (apparently) missed and we're way off subject.  Thanks for the
concern, but let's really drop it this time.

Brenna