SC - Period Feasts

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 15 09:23:29 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 14-Oct-98 Re: SC - Period
Feasts by Phil & Susan Troy at asan.c
> I'll go with most of that. Actually, though, I think the addition of tomto
> paste to a sauce, or a dash of Worcestershire sauce to a dish, "because it
> needs something", is far more insidious than coffee or even chocolate. The
> latter two don't pretend to be what they're not.

Especially when you can achieve a similar effect with a bit of sugar and
vinegar, or with some raisins.  A dish that "needs something" can be
"fixed" just as well with period spices as with non.

toodles, margaret