SC - Feline Suprise {Tasteless Idea?} (OOP)

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 16 09:59:01 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 16-Oct-98 SC - Feline Suprise
{Tastel.. by Ann & Les Shelton at conter
> This discussion lead to a split over whether one person's idea for a
> suprise at feast was incredibly humorous or the most tasteless thing
> we'd ever heard of {this coming from someone who had a large "pig
> cooker" set up on site with a plastic arm dangling out of it}.  His idea
> is to carry a big pot of soup/stew to a table, reach in with a ladle and
> plunk down a cat collar into someone's bowl!  Personally, I can see how
> under the right circumstances this could be funny as a personal joke;
> however, at an event you'd most likely offend/gross out more people than
> you'd amuse.

Speaking of feline surprises, I had a friend once serve a Blatancy
(cause you couldn't call it subtle) at a potluck:

Mix together equal parts of brown and white sugar, add such spices as
you will.  Mix together chopped dates, raisins, figs (you know, the kind
of stuff that goes into peascods), roll into "logs" about 1/4 inch
around ad 2-5 inches long.  Place sugar in a long flat pan with 2 inch
sides (a new cat litter box works well, as does a lasagna pan), mix
"logs" with your sugar, place slotted spoon (or litter pan scooper) in
the pan so folks can server themselves, and serve hit forth.

He had people running up to him all day, munching on these things saying
"you know, that looks like...." to which he replied "yes, I know.  It's
a blatancy." ;-)

toodles, margaret