SC - IKEA

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Oct 17 18:02:09 PDT 1998

Allison said...
>My front bedroom has turned into a great den, via IKEA.  It may be cheap
>and yuppie, but it's affordable--3 bookcases, a huge wardrobe for shelves
>for fabric and notions, a small cabinet for office stuff, an
>'entertainment unit' for oversize books, and an Italian table that is
>huge, for a sewing and cutting table.  All in nice, scrubbable white
>finish.  It's taken decades, but I finally have my own place to work!
>There are even some IKEA ceramic pots for the plants.  And the period
>cookbooks are, literally, now at my elbow.  (All I have to do is unpack
>stuff and put it away!)

ASAIC, Ikea has its uses. While I don't for a minute fall into the category
of "yuppie", I do have a few Ikea products in my house and on my deck.

7 foot "Billy" shelves (yes thats what they're called) in a cherry finish
for my downstairs living room that has 18 feet ceilings, steelware for my
deck, candles at 6 bucks a box of 50, napkins, plant pots, plant stands,
plant shelves, plants, wrapping paper with crowns all over them, really cool
Christmas stuff (not the tacky Wal-Mart schlock), etc.

If integrated with other things you can actually hide the Ikeaness of it.
And I, for one, don't go there unless I have a zero balance on the credit
card and lots of cash..its dangerous in there!

Micaylah
- -Ottawa sports two of these stores and they're both huge-