SC - Tartys in Applis-NEW recipe-enjoy

melc2newton at juno.com melc2newton at juno.com
Sat Oct 17 19:10:16 PDT 1998

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:20:48 EDT LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>This recipe wold be good for a vegetarian or fast day feast also    It
>is
>recommended for experienced cooks.
>

>			  *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
>
>                      Tartys in Applis (Apple Tarts)
>
>Recipe snipped<
>NOTES: Original: Tartys in Applies- Tak gode applys & gode spycis &
>figs &
>reysons & perys, & wan they arn wel brayed colour wyth safroun wel &
>do yt in
>a cofyn, & do yt forth to bake wel. -  Curye on Inglish

>Enjoy!
>
>al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Ras al-Zib, AoA, OSyc

I went and tried Ras' redaction for our bardic/dance/and food meeting
this week. I was received with mixed results and I think I figured out
why...
First of all, instead of using store ground pepper and ground cloves, I
used the whole spices and ground them up in my mortar and pistole, which
made them stronger than some of us in the Ozarks are used to.
Second, on reading the recipe(s), I used a single pie crust (just the
bottom). On re-reading (again) afterwards, I thought perhaps I would use
a  double crust (top and bottom) next time, as the filling had dried out
on top, instead of bubbling and holding together. Then again, maybe the
apples (Gala) and pears (no idea) weren't juicy enough? (hey, at 99
cents, they fit my budget).

Try, try again!! (hey, it was an edible mistake)

Beatrix
Oakheart/Calontir
Springfield, Mo.