SC - Tartys in Applis-NEW recipe-enjoy

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 14:10:53 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/18/98 5:02:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
melc2newton at juno.com writes:

<<  Then again, maybe the
 apples (Gala) and pears (no idea) weren't juicy enough? (hey, at 99
 cents, they fit my budget).

 Try, try again!! (hey, it was an edible mistake)

 Beatrix >>

Hmmmm....I did use spices from the 'spice' jar so perhaps that was the
problem. Normally I add half the spice when doing a recipe then taste it and
adjust if necessary. I also used MacIntosh apples which tend to throw a lot of
juice so that may have been the problem. Tomorrow (Monday) I will retry the
recipe  to see if the results are consistant with my first attempt or with
yours. I will be using the apples you mention as well as making a second pie
with the original MacIntosh. This has me curious as I don't make a practise of
posting recipes that 'don't work'. :-(

Ras