SC - Korean food question

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Oct 18 21:30:21 PDT 1998

At 5:22 PM -0400 10/17/98, LizScott at aol.com wrote:
>I'm in search of a period recipe for the Korean dish kim chee (kimchi,
>kimchee, etc.).  It is *very* spicy, and mainly made from cabbage.

I am pretty sure that the usual form of kimchee you describe gets its heat
from capsicum peppers, which are from the New World, so either very late
period or OOP for Korea. I don't know whether there are older versions
using black pepper or something similar, or not hot.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/