SC - re: Tasting Dinners

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Mon Oct 19 03:19:39 PDT 1998

> It may be splitting hairs, but serving special dishes or the same dishes with
> special, more expensive ingredients to the the high table might also be
> considered
> to be a similar misuse of event or group money. I am undecided myself on this one.

I must disagree with you here Stefan.  Serviing 'special' dishes to the crown or
ranking nobility in a group is a very period thing to do. I don't usually cook special
dishes but I might serve the same dish differently to the high table. For example, a
long time ago I did a perio-oid dish called Basque Chicken. I used chicken parts for
the dish served to the populace. For the high table I used Rock Cornish Hens to dress
the dish up for the high table.

Meadhbh

> Stefan li Rous
> Ansteorra  (Austin, TX)