SC - Wooden cutting boards

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Oct 18 07:24:23 PDT 1998

>The last time I heard anything about this
>issue, the recommendation was to have separate cutting boards for >raw
meat, cooked meat & vegetables.  Ah, to have the priviledge of >having
room for three different cutting boards in my too, too tiny >kitchen.
>Leanna of Sparrowhaven

I handle this by cutting my raw chicken up in my sink.  There is very
little that needs the board, anyway, it is mostly dis-jointing and
de-skinning.  I scrub my sink out before and after, and use the running
water to keep things clean.  Then, I can use my main cutting board for
anything else I want to, without fear of contamination.  (At events, this
is not really possible, so we make sure that the chicken cutting takes
place on cutting boards that are portable and cleanable (ie, not wooden
chopping blocks that are part of the cabinetry).
	Christianna
	who also has a woefully small kitchen!