SC - re: Tasting Dinners

Mon Oct 19 13:24:14 PDT 1998

> I agree that it is appropriate to fete visiting
> dignataries, but I don't think that we need necessarily spend shire or
> baronial funds to do this.  When I was a member of the Barony of
> Namron, we would pass the hat for donations for gifts to royalty, not
> take it out of baronial funds.  This same principle applies to food,
> IMHO.
>
> Tyrca

It has been a tradition in Namron to provide lunch for the Crowns and the
Baronage.  That tradition has always been budgeted into the event, so that
whoever requested the honor of preparing the lunch could do so.  Quite
often, the cook preparing the lunch pays for it and takes the tax credit for
the donation.

The lunches were instituted early in the group's existence as a token of
hospitality and to reduce the Crown's aggravation during the event.  At the
time we were a remote area of Atenveldt and a visit from the Crown was a
rare event.

Bear