SC - Yum!

Marian DeBorah Rosenberg Marian.DeBorah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Mon Oct 19 16:09:16 PDT 1998

I went to an event called Kingdom Crusade (in Atlantia) this weekend.

There was a table from the Pepperer's Guild there.

Even though I knew I wasn't going to be buying spices, I had to walk over and
just take in the ambience, smelling them and dreaming of what I might actually
be able to make with them, had I someplace to cook.  (Actually, I did end up
buying a small quantity of candied ginger that went very fast.)

While I was standing there, a gentle came up and bought some saffron.  He began
talking with the man behind the table about uses of saffron, and shortly after
the man brought out a small loaf of saffron flavored bread to be tasted.

He mentioned the ingredients, some of which I remember.

Even though I have no place to cook, and breads are a long way off in my
future, if he is on this list, I *want* that recipe for my files.  Even if it
is just so I can look at the recipe and remember what the bread tasted like . .
.

(If I recall everything right it was saffron and rosewater flavored whole wheat
and white bread stuffed with sheep's feta, spinach, garlic, olive oil, and two
spices starting with "c" . . . I think corriander and something else.)