Tasting Dinners (was Re: SC - Re: Period Feasts)

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Mon Oct 19 22:54:57 PDT 1998

Hey Ho all,
> Hi all from Anne-Marie
> Kat tells us...
> > What I DON'T agree with (this is not directed at any specific
> person,
> just a general complaint) is the common practice in my area of paying
> for
> the tasting dinner **out of the feast budget.**
>
> how...odd! Methinks our exchequer would have conniptions on that one!

As an Exchequer - yes I AM having coniptions about this idea !!!  Thank
goodness this isn't a practice that that has taken "a hold" in Lochac.

Autocrats/cooks here tend to pre-test in batches or private dinners only
!!!  I know that my lord Drake and I will invite people to dinner when
we try out a new recipe as a way of getting together with old friends,
and it is treated as a normal meal out of our normal private food budget
for the fortnight .... strange no-one has turned us down because of the
food yet ....

Meliora.

Now about a week behind everyone else (dratted real work is consuming my
time)