SC - Period Wedding

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Tue Oct 20 04:23:15 PDT 1998

Aletta Saayman wrote:

> There is however a question I would love to pose, if I may: what kind of
> dancing and entertainment, if any, was usually done at medieval
> weddings? Is this totally irrelevant? I believe that food is only one
> aspect of a feast. The ambience, atmosphere, costumes and decor is all
> part of the joy of eating. We're going to have lots of candles, guests
> will be dressed in period costume and food will be period medieval.
>
> I'd sincerely appreciate any helpful comments.
>
> Aletheia

Forwarded to Atlantia list for more information.

We like to do bards a little during feast and music, but most of our
entertainment during feast is simply enjoying the company of those around us.
We do our serious entertainment after feast while people are relaxing.  Then we
bring out the bards, the musicians, and all types of period dance (brawls are
fun at weddings as they are very upbeat and joyous).  For other enjoyment at a
wedding, try the cloven fruit game (a piece of fruit is imbedded with tons of
cloves, whoever has the fruit offers the fruit to another person, if the person
pulls a clove with his/her hand you kiss her on the hand, if the person pulls
the clove with his/her teeth you kiss on the mouth...it's fun in some circles).
You can hold contests (usually before feast) in just about anything that strikes
your fancy.

Hope this helps.
Brenna