SC - Re:Marrow recipe, oop but barely

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 21 04:22:04 PDT 1998

Helen wrote:

> Thank you for making that oh so clear.
>
> Phil & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > Helen wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this a main dish or a dessert?  Thank you.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Adamantius
> > Østgardr, East

Sorry, what I meant was that it could be either, since the concept of serving
sweets at the end of the meal, after all savory dishes had been served, is
fairly modern, at least as far as marrow-filled pastries is concerned.

For this recipe, which is post-period, they might have been served at the end
of the meal, but there's no guarantee of that.

If you were going to serve them for purposes of an SCA event, modern
conventions about order of service might be considered less of an issue, so
you could do pretty much whatever.

Howzzat?

Adamantius
Østgardr, East