SC - Even more OT - Re: Potato Soup-OT-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 12:51:36 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/21/98 10:09:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< I take it osetra caviar
 is right out, huh? >>

What an interesting idea! Unfortunately I do not have access to caviar that is
anything  near to what I can afford to spend on this hobby at this time. :-(

Sitting here I am imagining an oral experience that can best be described as a
roller coaster ride from the land to the sea! I often times simmer my ham,
onions and cubed potatoes together until the liquid is reduced. I then add a
piece of butter about the size of a walnut and freshly ground white
peppercorns.  Turn your burner to low and add one cup light cream and enough
milk to barely cover. Heat through but do not boil.

The above served with a sprinkling of caviar and chopped dill would, IMO, be
heaven. :-)

Ras