Honeycomb was SC - Geletain Bees wings

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Oct 22 19:01:04 PDT 1998

At 6:23 PM +1000 10/22/98, Maynard, Steven wrote:
>This made me think.
>Is Honeycomb (a confectionry made with brown sugar and baking soda [I'm not
>sure what it is called in other country's) period.

I am reasonably sure that the use of baking soda in baking is well out of
period--at least, I have been unable to find any references to it earlier
than about hte 18th century. I don't know if something similar made without
baking soda would be period or not.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/