SC - Modern sanitary concerns... bah ;)

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Fri Oct 23 10:42:29 PDT 1998

I remember that conversation...
Several people had various ideas, such as using a barrier, like foil or
saranwrap, to keep the buggies out...
Chief objection to this was that the barriers are not very hermetic, and
juices can flow both ways through the layers, unless you are VERY CAREFUL in
the wrapping.
On lady I know sewed the plucked plumage onto a piece of quilting (keeps the
bird warm, as well!!!) and pasted the neck feathers onto a stuffed neck
shaped protrusion attached to the quilting...
I thought that it might be a good idea to get two peacocks, and cook one,
and hand the other to a taxidermist to be tanned with the feathers in place,
(you probably cant keep the meat from small game that you give to a
taxidermist, Unless you strip the carcass yourself first, and hand it over
quickly), and the head and neck stuffed with padding and an armature.
Then you put a little saran wrap over the bird and lay the skin back on the
bird.
This allows the skin to be kept indefinitely for "repeat performances".

Brandu