SC - Phlip-OT-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 12:00:51 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/26/98 2:22:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, phlip at bright.net
writes:

<< While I'm aware of different political tribes discussing such wonders as a
 "chicken in every pot, "40 acres and a mule". and a few other campaign
 promises, I believe that these are phrases from the 19th and 20th
 centuries. I know you're a couple of months older than I am, but I didn't
 think we both extended our current incarnations into the Middle ages ;-) >>

Actually the concept of chicken as an inexpensive source of protien for the
masses IS modern. If not within our lifetimes, then within our parents
lifetimes as has been pointed out by others on the list while you were away
vacationing from the keyboard. To get a synopsis of this thread I would highly
recommend paying a visit to the archives. :-)

As far as extending my incarnation back to medieval times, there is little
need for that mental exercise since my family was without running water or
electricity until 1971 C.E. when the REP finally ran lines out to my neck of
the woods. The point being that living 'off the land' so to speak was very
much in evidence until at least that year in my part of the country so there
is little need to extrapolate a continued existence of several hundred years
since we were, in essence, still living the lifestyle well into the last third
of this century. :-)

Ras.