SC - Ethiopian honey wine

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 05:47:17 PST 1998

>Hi,
>      Just thought Russ, Berengaria and others might be pleased to
>know that Ethiopian honey wine is (in my humble opinion) a  valid late
>period mead variant.  Alvarez's  account of the Portuguese
>embassy to Abyssinia in 1527 gave the local honey wine a very
>favourable review.
>
>Jan van Seist

And if nobody can find it,I can locate bottles of it for you.  An
Ethiopian resteraunt here makes it according to the owners family's
recipe--she is extremely proud to say there are nothing but minimal
ingredients, no "food" for the yeasts, no "sulfites chemicals".  The
wine is very good, both  the time she apologized for it being too new
and later when she told me it is really ready to drink now.

Bonne