SC - 14th Century Sources

DAVIS, VICTORIA VICTORIA.DAVIS at aeroquip.com
Thu Oct 29 11:36:00 PST 1998

Well, my group is getting ready for another event, and I am getting
ready to put in another bid to be Kitchen Steward.  You would think that
eventually I'd learn better.  ;-)

I have seen a lot of books mentioned here that relate to 15th and 16th
Century cookery and other kitchen related subjects (Two Fifteenth
Century Cookbooks, The Good Housewife's Jewell, A Forme of Curye, etc.).
 But I am interested in doing a 14th Century-based feast.  What books or
sources should I look to for information on 14th C. recipes and culinary
practices?  The feast will be English or possibly English, Irish and
Scottish all together (one course of each with an opening or closing
course that combines them together).  I would prefer to do the second
style as the event is themed on the British Isles.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In Thanks and Service,
Failenn Brecc