SC - Ovens-Ovens-Ovens...

LHG, JRG liontamr at ptd.net
Sun Oct 4 05:25:19 PDT 1998

Hallo folks. It will take me a while to get my oven thoughts organized and
on paper/disc. I'll work on it. meanwhile i suggest you try to look up the
Pennsic Chronicle (or whatever it was called), and find the article on the
bake oven operated there (with photo). The gentlemen running it were
selling fresh-baked bread, and IIRC it was a wood-fired daub-wattle over
chicken wire constuction, on a platform. Not precisely period, but worked
great.

In a hurry

Aoife

PS didn't get to test the baking kettle idea (no lid yet), HOWEVER, Bear's
description could be my kettle in the 15 gallon variety. It made that
medieval ribs recipe with no problem whatsoever. They were gooooooooood,
made exactly as the recipe specifies. Next time I'll use more wine!