[none]

Char C. pmoon21 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:47:50 PDT 1998

Greetings all,
    I am from the Barony of the Bridge and a newcomer to this list.
This list was recommended to when I inquired about guilds.  I have been
an avid cook since I was younger and I went to school for a degree in
Culinary and food marketing. Although, I have just started researching
medieval to extent.  I need more cookbooks. *l*  Let's just put it this
way....I LOVE FOOD!!!! :)  I have a lot of time on my hands, because i
am currently unemployed, so I decided to check out the SCA in further
detail about 2 weeks ago.  I had posted a question in the sca east list
and was informed that there was not a specific guild in the kingdom for
cooking, but if I was interested in starting one I could write to the
barony or royal court for one.  She also advised me to get to knoe the
Sca a little better because it's difficult to be a guildmistress, since
I really haven't been to a meeting or event I am taking her advice
strongly.   My inquiry also included why the coronation didn't have a
scheduled feast, and I was told that it is rather large and didn't have
kithen facilities.  I thought maybe a guild could be set up for the
major events throughout the East kingdom and if possible there could be
people from different areas close enough to cook or those who could
travel to cook and if no facilities were to avail, that if all possible
the closest person to that event would possibly allow use of their
kitchen if close enough.  I know this is a lot of thinking for a
newcomer so I will just relax(Ok so I a am stubborn goat in my
thinking).  :)

Thanks all for listening

Charlena ( looking for an SCA name)