SC - Alcohol in Cooking (Long)

bagbane at ix2.ix.netcom.com bagbane at ix2.ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 4 05:53:23 PDT 1998

IMHO, I really don't think people should be scared and not use
alcohol in their feasts unless you can 'taste' the alcohol in it (ie
brandied cherries over  custard ). The problem isn't from a
recovering alcoholic tasting the dish that had been deglazed with
wine and going on a binge, but the reaction that someone taking
anabuse. Anabuse will cause aftershave to react with the skin and
sometimes will cause stomach distress. Maybe you could list the
amounts in each dish to let people know how much is in it. Remeber
changing the amount in the recipie changes the taste. If you are
afraid to use it then I would recomend that you don't serve that dish
at the feast becouse it wouldn't taste like it should. The one thing
that I like about the Society is that unlike the mundane society is
that a person will accomidate the greater instead of the greater
being forced to accomidate the single person.

Badger who spent 'time' in a 'program' and was told what he could eat
and what he couldn't.

P.S. when was the last time you saw somebody getting drunk off a
plate of  boef bourguignon or coq au vin.