SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Oct 9 08:22:22 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie...

here we pretty much always sell out too, but since there's SO many more
people coming to things, that means there's more bodies that get shut out.
These bodies then go to restaurants, or picnic, or whatever.

Another thing we've noticed is that the populace is getting more and more
outside interests. Back in the early days of my SCA career (you young
whippersnappers, you! :)) folks did the SCA< and that was about it. Now
they got church, school, volunteer in the community, etc etc etc. This
means lots of folks are doubledipping, ie go to the event for a bit, but
then need to go to rehearsal/class/pick up the kids/whatever.

A third thing might be that your demographics are changing...used to be
we'd go to a feast to be entertained. Kinda like dinner theater. Now we
want to sit and eat food and talk to our friends. If the feast makes us be
quiet to listen to some entertainment, we're more likely to go to the
nearby IHOP so we CAN talk to our friends. I dunno if this is the case in
your neck of the woods, of course!

Does this help at all? hope so...
- --AM
Madrone/ An Tir