SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 9 09:43:07 PDT 1998

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Nice call AM. I have noticed that whenever dinner is stopped because we all
> are forced to "enjoy" some bardic or somesuch people tend to get surly.
> On the other hand I have see some wonderful feast entertainment. One notable
> was a three-act play of "The Lion in Winter" and feast served between acts.
> Wonderful! But generally I like background music and such and conversation.
> Plus watching the hijinks of various Peers often messing with the Royalty
> is dinner entertainment in itself.

Sure is. Around here we have been known to engage in the politically correct
food fight, which involves sending an emissary to your victim, with, say, a
fish head and bones on a platter, and said emissary will announce, quietly,
that you've just been nailed with those fish remains. You then respond, if you
so choose, with a  sample spoonful of blancmanger, which you place on the
platter, taking great care to mention to the emissary that it landed in the
fish-donor's eye, but is now dripping down his velvet cotehardie...this allows
for extreme militant escalation without actual harm to anyone.

Ah, well, it's better than the fad of poisoning people's wine cups with salt
or sugar... .

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --