SC - Decline in members signing up for feast.... Opinions?

Shari Burnham pndarvis at execpc.com
Fri Oct 9 12:41:20 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Yes. It is noticeable. The inquiries I have made have all been answered with
> the same responce> Money. With event fees continuously soaring it is getting
> very difficult to make the 'hobby' dollar stretch any further. Since off-board
> fees are significantly less that on-board fees. That is unfortunately the
> first option. :-(  Within the last 2 years event fees have doubled and people
> just can't afford it anymore.
>
> Ras

If one feels money is 80% of the problem with the other reasons (want to be with
friends, allergies, etc.) being the other 20%, perhaps coming up with alternative
ideas for helping reduce the fees-site, feast, or both-would encourage more
people.  (I will say that the cost of an event or feast has yet to deter me, but I
have no kids, no house payments(although the school loans feel like it) and a good
job, so I have money to play.)  I have seen instances of high and low feasts being
very successful because of the money issue.  What are anyone's thoughts on this?
Should we, the kitchen experts, push to save more funds?  work more closely with
the autocrats?