SC - Reducing feast fees and cleaning spice grinders

Brenna of Lyonsbane sunnie at exis.net
Fri Oct 9 19:30:13 PDT 1998

> I contacted the wholesale produce market close to me, and arranged to get the
> fruits and veggies (including some edible flowers) all at wholesale rates. I
> talked with the best bakery in the state and got to buy huge loaves of bread
> at wholesale rates. I talked to a local quality butcher, and got a very good
> price on chicken breasts. I got wine at wholesale rates from a local chain of
> gourmet wine/beer store.

Yes, and if you have your own business like I do, it's even easier because I don't
have to drag a regnum to prove that I'm part of the SCA or anything like that.  My
business license is in my name so it's all the easier.

> As for lemonade, I found that I could make it using juice and sugar cheaper
> than buying the mixes. It also tastes better.

Much cheaper.  You are indeed a smart man!  We're planning on making limeade from
some frozen lime juice we have for a Dec feast.  The nice thing is that you can
make your concentrate and refrigerate overnight, then just mix with water on
site.  BTW, this is also an excellent way to make your soup.  Make the meat broth
and meat and simmer down to almost a gel.  Refrigerate, then mix with water, add
veggies and barley (or whatever) and cut your on-site time by a few hours.  My
.02.

Brenna