SC - Great lords cooks

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Oct 9 21:48:59 PDT 1998

hi all from Anne-Marie

Adamantius reminds us of the words of Maestro Chiquart:

> << "Because there are at this feast a few great lords or ladies, as was
>  mentioned before, who will have with them their Chief Cook whom they
will
>  order to arrange and cook particular things for them, that Chief Cook
should
>  have supplied and dispensed to him, quickly, fully, generously, and
>  cheerfully, anything he may ask for or that may be necessary for his
lord or
>  lady, or for the both of them, so that he may serve them as he should."

To whit Ras replies:
> What a great idea! This is the answer to the allergic persons problem at
> feasts. If they want to eat on-board they simply bring their own cook who
> comes to the kitchen where they are given their employers portion of the
> feast. They then cook the 'special' food while the kitchen steward goes
on
> preparing the feast as it is intended to be prepared. I like it....A
LOT!!!
> :-)

ACK!!!!! can you imagine? a horde of "chief cooks" asking for the use of a
burner/stove/pan/whatever while you're trying to get a three course meal
for 200 out the door??!!!!!

boggles the mind. I am just too Type A for this level of authenticity, I
guess!
- --Anne-Marie