SC - Raccoon recipes- oop

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 04:40:03 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/9/98 8:46:08 PM US Mountain Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

>  Perhaps I might make so bold as to suggest a fricassee?
>
>  Adamantius (heh heh heh)

No, No, not the fearful fricassee!
We never fried the 'possums or 'coons.  We always parboiled them, and then
grilled or oven roasted.  Chicken, small fowl, rabbit, and squirrel could be
fried.  Turkeys, large hens, and Guineas were always oven roasted or grilled.
Venison was never fried unless it was a VERY young fawn.  For the most part,
frying was reserved for beasts who were naturally tender.  'Coons are not
naturally tender.

Mordonna DuBois
Haven of Warriors
Barony of Atenveldt