SC - Reducing feast fees and cleaning spice grinders

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Sat Oct 10 11:54:50 PDT 1998

>Sure, and as soon as we find out what model of grinder he used, we can
>just plug
>it in and go to town with my new batch of galengale...
>margali
>
>Philippa Alderton wrote:
>
>> Adamantius sez:
>>
>> >This little bit of wisdom is, I recall, the _very first_ thing mentioned
>> by le
>> Menagier de Paris in his section on cookery.<
>>
>> Oh? And what brand of electric spice grinder is recommended in Le Menagier?
>>
>> Hey Margali- need some help with that new room under your rock?
>>
>> Phlip

"Primo, in all sausages and thick pottages, wherein spices and bread be
brayed, you should first bray the spices and take them out of the mortar,
because the bread which you bray afterwards requires that which remaineth
from the spices; thus naught is lost that would be lost if 'twere done
otherwise."
Power, The Goodman of Paris, p. 223.

HTH,

Cindy/Sincgiefu