SC - Cookbook review?

Conni Hazelwood connimom at swbell.net
Sun Oct 11 04:16:12 PDT 1998

I have a copy that I picked up in my local Half- Price Books.  Kind of short
on period recipes, but the ones that are there are from good period sources
with the original language recipe included(if you read period French.)  Lots
of good photos of prints and woodcuts from period.  the first 200+ pages are
devoted to a history of foods, cooking and dining.  The book's period covers
1300 to 1789, so nearly half of the book is covering post-period stuff.  I'm
still reading it, so I can't really review the written portion yet.  PS most
of the recipes are from Viander, and so are available from other sources.