SC - FAQ/Intro - LONG

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Fri Oct 2 13:58:51 PDT 1998

At 11:09 2-10-98 -0700, kat wrote:
>OK; here's what el Papa and I came up with between the two of us.  If you
have any strong feelings about changing anything, please let us know!
<snip>
>Welcome to the SCA-Cooks mailing list!
>
>	The purpose of this list is the discussion of medieval and early
>Renaissance foods, to exchange and redact recipes, and to generally
>enlighten people as to the palatability--nay, the magnificence!--of medieval
>cuisine.

I'd change that first item to "to discuss mediaeval and early Renaissance
foods," so that it matches the other two purposes - "to exchange and
redact" and "to generally enlighten...."  (No, I don't give a hoot about
the split infinitive.)

<snip>
>Q)	Are potatoes (tomatoes, chocolate, aardvarks, etc., etc.) period?
>A)	Though there are a small handful of existing recipes for new world
>foods

But aardvarks aren't New World....  How about substituting guinea pigs? 8)

ALasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie, Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable