SC - Chirurgeons in my kitchen...

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sat Oct 3 11:05:40 PDT 1998

There's a long, interesting, confusing as to who posted what thread on
the chirurgeon's list regarding public health responsibilities, etc.  The
Florilegium has a category 'food'.  If one of you who has the Food
Handler's Certificate we discussed earlier would write an article for
novice Kitchen Stewards on food safety, etc., I'm certain Stefan would
list it as food handling safety, right next to food.  That could be one
of the recommended files in the new cook's FAQ that is being prepared--or
an article listed as 'new Kitchen Stewards' or some such.

It's nice to know that most reports are of clean and safe kitchens and
properly concerned and aware cooks.  There are a couple of horror
stories--I could contribute one or two of those, after 16 years in the
SCA--and it just takes one, folks.  In general, those who are both
chirurgeon and cook have suggested that the officious type chirurgeon go
wash pots.  But, an article would be a GOOD THING.  I don't have the
official class certificate background, or I'd do it, myself.

Regards,

Allison, Master Chirurgeon, sometimes Kitchen Steward
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc