SC - Nutmegs, ground

S.Albert salbert at ptialaska.net
Sun Oct 4 19:36:44 PDT 1998

Speaking of pomegranate chicken, in the recommended spice mixture in the
back of the book (The Medieval Kitchen that is,, in case I'm confusing
anyone), one of the ingredients is 1 whole nutmeg, ground.

We're cooking this recipe this coming Saturday, and I could fake it, but
does anyone know approximately how much ground nutmeg comes out of 1 whole
nutmeg? I have never seen a whole nutmeg to try to guess.

Many thanks.

Morgana
In chilly Fairbanks, where permanent snow is expected Michaelmass Feast
(next weekend), and we're *not* ready for it!

PS: And yes, I'll post the menu (all from The Medieval Kitchen) and the
results after the feast....

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at ptialaska.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson