SC - Copyright concerns moot-OT-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 13:16:22 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/5/98 4:02:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< "Commercial" purposes have very little to do with "fair use" as a number of
 people have found out.  >>

Possibly but it does come under the educational purposes clause. :-) In this
situation and others like it intent is clearly the guiding factor.

Since this is a potentially emotionally charged topic, I would suggest that we
not carry it any further if at all possible. We have discussed this issue on
this list and on other lists. Court proceedings have not favored the copyright
holder in this area consistently.

Opinions tend to be yea or nay and none are based on personal experience with
regard to this matter.

Ras