SC - salads (long)

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Oct 6 21:25:28 PDT 1998

One thing I have used when i want to make a perio-oid salad is mixed wild field
greens. It just looks like someone went out and picked it from the field.
granted many of the lettuces in there aren't period but, i think when one is in
a rush... it can be a good substitute for a quick prep period salad. I will add
some dried fruits (raisins, figs), almonds and orange slices, top with a good
vinegrette and voila! Salad!

meadhbh
(who sometimes has to take care of cooking last minute.)